Monday, October 20, 2008

Life is Good







Since my last post I have been busy. I joined the Westernaires singing group and I absolutely love it. It is so wonderful to be back in a choral group. They are quite good and being surrounded by 4+ part harmonies is a spiritual experience for me. The leader is a hoot. She is technically excellent and has a great sense of humor. We practice for 2-2 and a half hours at a time and it flies by. We are getting ready for a Christmas concert and will do another in the Spring. I have also joined a writing class with a teacher from the University of Washington. I knew he was my kind of guy when I attended the first class and he arrived with his Obama button up front and visible. His focus is poetry, right up my alley. Although he is a fan of the modern, open format. I will have lots to learn.

My big project with the house has been to have the exterior painted and do some planting. I went with a yellow, grey and white color theme. I love the result. What do you think? I'm still experimenting to find "rabbit proof" plants. So far it is pretty limited. I just read that putting baby powder on the plants will discourage the rabbits. I'll be trying that soon.