Monday, October 20, 2008

Trip to San Diego






My grandaughter Katie, came home from College (Sonoma State) for the first weekend since August. So I went to San Diego to see her and visit my family. We had a great time. I always love being in San Diego. Perfect weather and familiar turf for me. We went to Seaport Village on Sunday to eat at one of our favs...The Greek Island Cafe, known to us as "Jerry G's". Good food and great outdoor seating on the water.

We took Katie to the airport after dinner and then waited for several hours to get her "home safe" phone call. I noticed we all relaxed then. She is growing into a lovely, competent, young woman, but she is still our "little girl"...and we worry.

Michael is just a few months from turning 16 and he actually misses his sister. Amazing.