Friday, August 14, 2009

Reunion Times













It has been quite a while since I have posted on this Blog. I recently joined Facebook and I have been spending time there and have gotten lazy about my Blog. So it is time to catch up.

The primary reason I came to spend the summer in Washington was the Oak Harbor High School Class Reunion planned by the Class of 1959. They invited both my class of 1960 and the Class of 1958 to join them. It was held the weekend of August 7,8 & 9.
I had the most wonderful time with my old friends and classmates. I don't know how to explain the feeling other than to say, I met up again with the girl I used to be. I had the opportunity to see myself through the 18 year old eyes of my classmates and was embraced with their good memories and love. We laughed, we danced, we ate, we remembered, we caught up and we discussed how lucky we all were to have been teenagers in the 1950's, in small town Oak Harbor. One of the highlights was the attendance of Tom and Jean Burrows, our English and Home Economics teachers. "Mr." Burrows is 80 years old and still does substitute teaching. He had us all laughing while he recounted stories and experiences he had with us. What an impact our teachers had on us. Some life changing moments and influences. All to the good for me. Lots of pictures were taken....here are a few of mine. Just happy faces and joy-filled times.