Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holidays, Friends, Sightseeing......


















I had a great 4th of July in Anacortes, Wa. Complete with a local parade and fireworks in my front yard. I was so surprised, however, that the parade did not have even one marching band. I totally expected the Anacortes High School Band to be out in force. I remember being in my Oak Harbor High School Band and marching in the 4th of July Parade.....and many others. Parades should always have a marching band....Oh well....it was still a fun parade....quiet....but fun!

I spent the week before the 4th with my friend Marianne in Federal Way. We visited the Tacoma Glass Museum and had lunch on a deck overlooking Commencement Bay...including watching parasailing. The Glass Museum is well worth the trip and admission price. Beautiful artwork, and the chance to see artists at work in the "hot shop" I was surprised there wasn't more Dale Chihuly works....although he does have some installations outside.

I also had lunch in LaConner and took some pictures from the restaurant deck and drove through town to check out the lovely homes. My favorite picture is of the pig on someone's front porch.

I'm enjoying my visit to Washington. I've been able to see old friends and the weather has been mostly perfect. I'm still at the Fidalgo Bay RV Resort in Anacortes but will be moving to the Sail Away RV park in Oak Harbor on July 15th. I'll be ready for a change of scenery. Sail Away is a City owned RV park located next to a big, beautiful, grassy park on City beach.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.