Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas in San Diego







Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All





I started my drive to San Diego on Dec. 22nd so that I could be here for my son Dan's Birthday on Dec. 23rd. The drive went well but I started to get drowsy after I crossed the AZ./CA. border and decided to stop in El Centro for the night. So at about 5PM I pulled into a Motel 6 and crashed. Fortunately this Motel 6 was newly renovated and very nice plus being under $50 for the night. Refreshed and ready I completed my journey the next day.





Dan's birthday was being celebrated at the Port brew pub and pizza place in Solana Beach so we headed over to meet up with Dan. We had a fun night and I had my first piece of pizza since my heart surgery. It tasted good but won't start me back on the road to runination, at least not with pizza.