Saturday, June 9, 2012

Counting Down the Days

The "List" is well in hand and I'm getting more excited every day about "hitting the road" yet again, this summer without Ms. Capri.  I will leave AZ on June 14th drive to Barstow, Ca. for my first night stay.  Next morning it is up CA.#395 to Carson City, Nevada and a visit with my niece Tracy.  Then on to Bend, Oregon for a couple days....Bend is a nice City in a beautiful setting.  From Bend I head to Sandy, Oregon to spend a couple days with my cousins Lee and Treva.  Then to Vancouver, Wa. to lunch and catch up with Rita my old friend from High School.  From Vancouver it is on to Astoria, Oregon to visit with friend John. 

From Astoria I drive up the WA. coast to Moclips for a week at the Gull Wing Inn. Lovely spot to rest, write and enjoy the ocean and beaches....hopefully get some fresh seafood!  July 3rd I'm heading for Federal Way, WA. to spend the rest of July with my friend Marianne and see my Seattle friends.  "The Old Girl's Drinking Club" will surely meet up.  I love those amazing women.

In August I'll be in Port Townsend at Sea Dreams Cottage.  I love Port Townsend and hope to see some of my friends in the area.  Also plan to drop in at the Writers Workshop and meet those great folks and I plan to enjoy the best Farmers Market in WA.  When September rolls around I will head south down the California Coast to San Diego to end my summer with my son Dan and his Onay.  I plan to be back in AZ by September 15th to activate my "real" life....but oh those summers, how I enjoy them.