Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lunch with a dear, old friend

I woke up in this morning in Vancouver, WA. and it was pouring rain.  I packed up and found the restaurant where I was to meet my friend Rita for lunch.  Fortunately, there was a great coffee shop across the street so I got my morning latte and muffin, and read the local papers.  I met Rita at 11:30 and we shared a good, long hug.  I hadn't seen her since our class reunion 2 summers ago so it was a real treat to spend some time together.  The restaurant is called Beaches and sits right on the Columbia River.  We had a table at the window and the view was fabulous.  They had razor clams on the menu so my choice was easy.  Razor clams are a real treat and not easy to find.  These were delicious.  By the time we finished lunch the sun had come out and it was a beautiful day.  Rita was my Maid of Honor when I married in 1960, she is a very special friend.