Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nesting on the shores of the Pacific Ocean

I drove all day yesterday from Astoria to Moclips, WA.  I made a few stops along the way to shop and lunch.  I arrived in Moclips and settled into my little cabin at the Gull Wing Inn.  I am now gazing out my window at the Pacific Ocean.  So peaceful and nurturing to my soul.  I am so fortunate that I can get away for the summer and get a dose of the sea and nature's green. 
Me

"Moby" gazing at the Pacific Ocean
The desert is a beautiful place in so many ways, I especially love the red rock areas of Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon plus the low valley's blooming cactus and wild flowers.  But I think having grown up in the Northwest and Whidbey Island, that the sea is in my DNA.  So getting back to it means a lot to me and brings me such joy.
A valient attemp at Kite flying

Looking South from Moclips beach
Last night I was able to drive down on the sand and enjoyed watching a father and his little girl try to keep a kite in the air.  My SUV, "Moby" seemed to be right at home on the sand.  The place I am staying is perfect for what I want.  Short walk to the beach, hot tub outside my door, helpful, friendly proprietors, and nothing really to do but relax and enjoy nature.  I'm hoping to get my writing mojo running and get a good dose of rest after having made this long drive from home.