Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Road to Astoria

The Mighty Columbia






The bridge connecting Washington & Oregon

The view from John's Kitchen window


My "Hoodie" Soul Brother John

Sunset in Astoria
After my lunch with Rita I meandered my way to Astoria, Oregon to spend a couple nights with another friend of many years.  The trip is beautiful, I drove the road on the Washington side of the Columbia River and had to visit the historic covered bridge that I remembered from years past.  It is still there and still beautiful.  The road goes through some lovely wooded areas and moves away from the Columbia for a distance and then you are back along this mighty river until you get to the amazing bridge that takes you into Astoria.  The pictures say it all.

Thank you to my dear friend John for making me so comfortable and "at home"....I now have "jude's room" waiting for my anytime I want it in Astoria.  Can't get much better than that.