Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Busy Times in Washington State

I've been spending lots of time with Marianne and her family.  They have adopted me as a "favored aunt" which is very nice.  We had lunch on the Seattle waterfront at Elliotts where one of Marianne's grandsons works.  He served us and took very good care of us all. 



Also took a drive to Tacoma to see one of the houses we lived in when I was about 8 years old.  The neighborhood has changed, it's a little dicey but the house looks much better now than it did when we lived in it.  Glad someone is taking care of my history.


Nice view of Tacoma from the top of the hill on Pacific Avenue.  My brother and I used to go all over town on the bus, always starting down Pacific Avenue which led to downtown Tacoma.  In those days it wasn't considered scarey to let kids travel around alone.  Now it would be considered totally irresponsible.  Ahhh, how the times change...also Tacoma, it didn't look like this when I grew up there.
So my travels continue during my summer in Washington.  It has been so fun to visit old friends and places from my past.  On we go.....