Monday, May 4, 2009

367 miles under my Wheels!

My first day on the road went pretty well. Had to get back in the rhythm of pulling the trailer. It can be a little stressful with 3200 pounds of metal looming up behind you. It was slow going...any incline (ie..mountains, etc.) means I slow down to about 45mph. Plus it is interesting to watch the gas gauge move down. I am averaging only about 9-10 miles per gallon. Came very close to running out of gas before I hit my destination. On this route.. (AZ 93 to Interstate 40) it can be a long way between gas stations. But all in all things went well. I ended the day at a KOA (Kampgrounds of America) in Barstow, CA. It is windy and dusty...gee, reminds me of home. LOL. Now I am going to have some dinner, a tall cool drink and hit the sack early. Life if good!