Thursday, May 7, 2009

Great time with Niece Tracy



I have spent two days here in Carson City, NV. visiting with my niece Tracy and her new family. What a fun time. We have lunched, shopped, talked and talked, laughed ourselves silly and visited a few watering holes. I love this area. It is surrounded by snow capped mountains, the weather these two days has been perfect and their is lots of history and neat neighborhoods. Carson City is the capitol of Nevada so it is a lively place plus being just 65 miles south of Reno and sooo close to Lake Tahoe. Tracy took me on a tour of her favorite thrift stores....a sure way to please Aunt Judy. We found some treasures and stopped for happy hour at the oldest bar in Nevada to celebrate. The picture of the bldg. with the bunting is the bar. Tomorrow I head to California to check in with Shelley and Di in Nevada City. It will be fun to see them.....it has been a long time. Then on to Sonoma to spend some time with my granddaughter Katie at her college. So far this has been a great start to my summer trip.
P. S. I am loving this clean, clean air around here.