Monday, May 11, 2009

Highway 101....great drive

So, I left Rohnert Park at 9:30 AM and decided to take CA. Hwy 101 north, planning on ending up in Crescent City. At about 5:30PM I was still about 25 miles south of Crescent City and getting very tired. I checked the Passport American book and found the Klamath River RV Park, "Right on the River" and pulled in. Good choice. I've got a site on the river, all the hookups, including TV. I decided to stay for two nights before I head for Oregon and Hwy 5 to Portland. It is cold and foggy...a real change from AZ. Fortunately, I brought some sweatshirts and am actually enjoying this change of climate. Don't want a steady diet of this but it is a great change of pace.

The drive today was wonderful. Slow but beautiful I drove through the California Redwoods which is close to being in nature's cathedral. I love this part of CA. and plan to come back this way and spend some extended time. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Tonight I'm just snuggling in and enjoying the night.