Friday, May 15, 2009

Surprised the Cousins!

I finally hit rain in Oregon. The skys opened up and helped me remember why the Northwest is so green. I was on Hiway #5 and decided the best thing was to find a nice warm, dry motel and stop for the night. I stayed just south of Eugene at La Quinta and enjoyed it much. Next morning I called my cousin Peni and said I'll be there about 3PM. She sounded a little surprised but was very welcoming. So I drove in their driveway and enjoyed hugs all around. It is great seeing Peni and Lee again. They have a lovely home in Sandy, Oregon surrounded by beautiful landscaping which they have created over the nearly 20 years they have been in this house. I also got to meet "Cami" their new rescue dog. She is so sweet and seems to have adopted me. We spent the evening snuggled up together on the couch.

This morning I woke to a beautiful "Saturday" morning, looking forward to the day. The only problem being that today is Friday!!! The day I was suppose to arrive. Imagine my surprise to realize I had lost a day. No wonder Peni sounded surprised....I was a day early and obviously, a few brain cells short. No harm done....Peni and Lee rose to occasion and we are getting an extra day of visiting. I've been taking pictures and will post them soon. Tomorrow, Cousin Treva is coming to visit and Peni is making a rhubarb and strawberry pie for me. Life is good....now I have to go walk my new doggy friend, Cami.