Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home in AZ, London was a "Riot"














I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to be home. The last week in London was a nightmare. The riots were all around me and I felt captive in my room. So much fear in the air and the sound of sirens all through most nights. I tried to get a flight out sooner but couldn't work it out. When I finally got home I had a basic meltdown from all the stress and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. I'm doing better now and getting my self together. I spent yesterday at Mayo Clinic with my cardiologist and have a good positive plan now.
Clearly I had no way to know that my final week in London would errupt into a nightmare but I did learn some valuable lessons from this summer trip. I took on too much for too long. 7 weeks away from home, alone with lots of physical demands is too much for me these days. I've now done all the foreign travel I want to do for now. Going it alone has some advantages but it is not a good thing when trouble comes. Summer visits to Seattle and San Diego are looking better and better.
I do want to show the pictures from the last good days in London. A visit to the Victoria and Albert Museum was the highlight.