Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last day out before I knew about the London Riots















Monday I took the bus into central London and did some shopping and ate dinner out with the idea of attending the evening service at St. Paul's Cathedral. I was in the adjoining plaza square taking pictures of some incredible statuary and metal art and wondering why there were so many police wagons buzzing by in full sirens. I thought there must have been a terrible accident or something. When It came time for the St. Paul Service, it was cancelled....no reason just a notice. So I hopped a bus home and started hearing people talking about riots in Totenham...and so it began. I don't have a TV in my room so my news comes from the internet...things are settling down now but last night there were 16,000 London police on the streets....days of the sound of sirens and terrible scenes of looting and burning. Not a great way to end my trip to London but I'm sharing these great pictures I took and hope to have more to share before I head for home. This to shall pass.