Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Charleston is beautiful







I don't know if I loved the bridges or the architecture more. The bridges are amazing and so many of them. The historic district is full of beautiful old homes and buildings. I have some pictures but there is so much to see and so much history. I found out I am very ignorant regarding the Civil War. On the history tour I took, I learned that South Carolina was the first state to secede from the Union and Charleston has an interesting and lively history. I was very interested in learning about the Gullah culture and history. Unfortunately the tour I had hoped to take was cancelled.

I'm now on Hilton Head Island in a very nice RV resort. I plan to stay here a week and tour Savannah, GA. as well as the Island and surrounding area. I had hoped to be able to stay at the Hunting Island State Park but alas, there was no spot for me. It is a beautiful park, directly on the ocean.

Here are my pictures of Charleston houses.