Saturday, July 9, 2011

We have had a short Sun sighting!





I drove from Galway to Limerick yesterday without any mishaps and am staying at my first Hotel on the trip. The Greenhills Hotel is just fine. The big attraction is the swimming pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. I spent about an hour thrashing about in the water yesterday. It felt soooo good. The sun pokes its head out of the clouds from time to time. So like Seattle.
I got a picture of Ann from the Griffin House in Galway plus a couple of lovely front yards and the beautiful crystal chandelier at the Griffin House.
I'm starting to get a grip on this driving thing. The roundabouts are the challenge. I actually went around one of them 3 times until I figured out which exit to take. It was starting to feel like a carnival ride! In one of those "if I knew then what I know now" moments, I would not have rented a car. There is bus service all over Ireland and I could have been able to get to all the places I am seeing. Oh well, let my experience be of help to others.
Today I plan to explore the City of Limerick. Not a lot of historical site but